Wow, it's already 2 days into the new year and I'm already behind! Lol. I started this on NYE? It's my 2010 in review. I'm gonna try to make another post about what I'm looking forward to / anticipating / hoping for in 2011, but I have to work 12 hrs tomorrow (later today, w/e) so I need to go to sleep now. *smooches*
* Mom turned 50 and we planned a big surprise party for her. We had her convinced that everyone forgot her birthday, but we had relatives coming in from out of town and all this stuff - then we got a foot of snow and everything was ruined.
* Kidnapped Amy and went to Atlantic City for a weekend. It was her birthday weekend & Valentine's Day & Cliff was at boot camp, so we met up with thebunnyknows
and went to see The Used and Drive A (and Atreyu). Amy kinda got a crash course in fandom that weekend, lol. At the concert, we met up with valerie_z
and one of her friends and sinsense
. After, me and Amy and thebunnyknows
were gonna hang around and get Cliff a hoodie autographed, and some drunk chick gave sinsense
her meet-the-band card, so she stayed with us. And the only thing she had with her to be autographed was a draft of her thesis, which led to an interesting discussion about hemaphroditism (between her and Quinn
, who, despite all evidence to the contrary, can
actually string words together to make sentences) and to Bert saying "I'd love to wake up one day with a vagina; I'd probably have to take a few days off tour." (Amy says "that happens to me every day!) Also, they were super nice about giving Amy messages to pass along to Cliff (generic "tell him thanks for serving our country"-type messages, but still!). The next day we found a Zoltar machine on the boardwalk, but no one transformed into a 12-year-old. Maybe because we are all already 12 at heart?
* As another show on that same tour, I took Davey to see The Used in Charlotte. He had his shoes autographed, had a discussion with Jepha about Perry the Platapus, and is now buddies forever with Bert McCracken. Also, the band autographed a onesie for Illiana and Quinn drew a little cloud picture on it.
* ILLIANA WAS BORN! March 25. Harley was texting me (and others) up til like 7am from the hospital, and I figured I had time to drop the boys off at school and get to the hospital before the baby was born, but I got a call just around 730 saying the baby was here. She is quite possibly my favorite thing about 2010.
* I sold my van to the farm. Really, she went to a good home with some Amish family that runs some orchards in Franklin County, but I still cried because I love my van!
* accidentally captained a March of Dimes team at work and raised $5700
* The official Team Gregory picnic, which was proof that we were the best team in the call center and everyone else was jealous.
* Celebration with my friends and family for my 30th birthday and my brother's 28th birthday.
* Cliff got his assignment and Amy left me, lol. They're stationed in Norfolk, which is kinda good because they're only 5 hrs away, but for Amy is also kinda bad because it means her in-laws visit a lot.
* Harley was driving me to the airport and we were in an accident. I had my bag in the floorboard and my feet on top of it, tying my shoes and talking shit with Johnathan, and the next thing I know we're under a Suburban and Harley's climbing over me to get to the baby. I ended up with a concussion and knocking out one of my front teeth, and freaking the fuck out, but I still insisted on going to the airport. I was spending the weekend of my 30th birthday with my friends, dammit! I got wendy
for my actual birthday (and phaballa
's peanut butter pie!), and we saw Shrek Forever After, and I got puppy!snuggles from Max & Val. The next day I got to spend time with snarkyrainbow
and talked her into staying to see Cobra with me. As with most shows, we were amused by the fashion disasters and by the parents' reactions to some of the songs. I Fight Dragons was surprisingly entertaining, and Travie and Cobra were unsurprisingly awesome. I can't stand 3oh!3 and was really wtf'ed by the huge stuffed wolves with green laser eyes that were onstage during their set. Met up with irisgirl12000
and went home with her to Houston (and my favorite guest bedroom, lol). Next day went to Hard Rock for lunch and met up with some of the other TX girls (shutyourface
! And other girls I know but whose LJ names I can't remember!) for more Travie and Cobra. We didn't have to suffer through 3oh!3 this time, but there were extra acts in between sets that I really wasn't feeling. (I had a concussion! And by this time I had two black eyes! I wanted to put my head down on the barrier and sleep until there was Gabe in front of me!) Oh, and we ended up with Gabe!crotch in our faces, lol. One of the previous concerts we were at together, it was Pete!crotch. Oh, bandboys. Sunday, I laid on irisgirl12000
's couch and cuddled with Dante (my favorite of irisgirl12000
's two kitties) and watched the first couple episodes of Generation Kill and wished I didn't have to go to the airport.
* Had to get a CT scan done to make sure I didn't have a skull fracture or internal bleeding or whatnot. (Now, I actually have experience with concussions and head injuries because Ronnie has had 4 concussions and is also a klutz, so I know it's generally a good sign if you do have a knot after a blow to the head.) The drs seemed to think I wasn't any more brain damaged than I had been to begin with. (Although you can still feel the indentation in my forehead where I hit the edge of my shoe.)
* hit up wordsalone
for download links for Generation Kill so I could get sucked into that fandom, lol
* participated in Relay for Life on a family team
* got a new-to-me car! A 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander which I totally love! :)
* spent a couple weekends at the lake and took the boys cliff diving for the first time
* spent a long weekend camping at Steel Bridge with the family - my brother, 4 women, and 9 kids. Haha, he says he's never doing that again. But we had a fucking blast.
* succumbed to depression, due to the effects of the concussion on my crazy meds / my bipolar and also after effects of the concussion itself. Missed half a month of work feeling suicidal and stupid.
* went to Norfolk to spend some time with Amy and Cliff, made friends with another Navy wife named Sarah who is pretty awesome, and went to Warped Tour
* spent EVERY weekend at the lake and seriously contemplated buying a camper at the marina when it came up for sale
* Mom took the kids to the beach for a week, so I got dwnload links for True Blood (which is the ultimate trainwreck of a show) and watched all the episodes there were at that time
* got to hang out with Jessie and Holly, who I miss tremendously, when we went to see my friend Anthony in a drag show
* had a boat party for Team Gregory that was a huge success and solidified our bond right before we all got split up
* Neville was born on August 25th! Pam had a lot of complications and scared me sooooo badly, but it all worked out.
* Andrew-at-work, whose Mom had been sick with cancer for a while, told us his mom passed away - but then we found out that everything he had said was a fucking lie and his mom was alive and well and happily on her honeymoon.
* Back to feeling depressed and suicidal. Had a major breakdown at work because I was going to be moved to a Collections team, but Robbie intervened and got me moved to Correspondence instead
* had our annual end-of-summer/Kelly Marie's birthday picnic, which turned out better than expected
* Taylor won his first race of the season, lol
* missed out on seeing Drive A in Norfolk with Amy & Cliff because I didn't trust myself to make the 5 hour drive alone
* walked in the JDRF walk for possibly the last time - Chrissy goes off to college next year so I don't think we'll have a team next year
* the boys participated in the Marine Mud Run to help raise money for Toys for Tots
* had a blast at Heritage Day at Camp Bethel
* finally figured out the right combo of meds to feel stable again (just couldn't necessarily afford to pay for them for a while)
* had a karaoke dance party at my brother's house with all the kids for Halloween
* Walked in the American Heart Walk with a team from work
* walked in the Veterans' Day Parade with a group from the Soldiers' Angels Organization
* went to see Billy Currington and Carrie Underwood in concert
* got pulled over for speeding and found out the DMV never processed my medical review for the year so my license was technically suspended
* helped my cousin move into her new Habitat House
* moved into my grandparents' old house
* took the kids ice skating for the first time - Davey literally skated circles around me and Ronnie
* the boys got promoted to the Black Belt Club at AFK
* went Black Friday shopping with my brothers on Thanksgiving night and saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen in forever
* got my license back
* Ronnie turned TEN
* got myself in trouble at work for standing up for my team
* worked a ridiculous amount of overtime
* lots of firsts for Christmas - first one in the new house, first Christmas for Illy and Neville
* Ronnie and Davey earned their purple belts at karate